Chapter 1
I had just bought a bathtub that was painted gold. It was an old fashioned claw foot tub that workers had installed golden fixtures to. There were two faucets, the one on the left was the hot and the one on the right was cold. If you mixed them together you would eventually get something just right! There were some carvings on the front side of the bathtub. They looked similar to Egyptian hieroglyphics but somehow were unique. The bathtub was so golden it glittered and gleamed when the sunlight hit it just right. I was thinking of taking a bath early that day because I was so excited to try out my new bathtub but I realized I was completely out of soap. So I decided to make some soap from an old family recipe I had received from Grandmother, who got it from her Grandmother, who got it from her Grandmother, who . . .well it was really old. Oh! Sorry! My name is Lucy, I just wanted to share with you my very true, very amazing story. I'm 52 years old now but this story happened when I was 23. I'm a baker of fine wedding cakes and everyone comes to me to because I'm known for having the best tasting wedding cakes ever. Now, back to the story. I chose to make the family soap recipe because it made beautiful golden colored soap that would match my golden tub. The recipe is kind of a secret but I'll tell you a few ingredients. First, I make a basic soap recipe then I added 2 cups of vinegar and a secret ingredient that when combined with all the other ingredients turns the soap into a golden soft soap.
After making the soap, I climbed into the bathtub. I filled it up all the way past my belly button and added lots of bubbles and settled in for a relaxing afternoon. For about five minutes I relaxed, then I got the soap and smothered it all over myself. It was soft and the golden soap sent sort of a tingle all over my body. Suddenly, I slipped, and my head went the under! Luckily I was a pretty good swimmer. I doggy-paddled to the surface. But . . .where was I? You can't doggy-paddle in a bathtub! I looked around and noticed that the once bubbly, clear water was now green and foamy, and when I looked up I saw a yellow sky instead of my bathroom light fixture. The clouds were pink and fluffy like delicious cotton candy, and . . .wait! Was that an island?! I peered to the west and noticed a little dot of land. It was blue, but still, it appeared to be an island! I swam and swam and swam, until I felt so exhausted I thought I might sink into the depths of the green water. I doggy-paddled my tired arms toward the island and finally my feet touched the something solid and crumbly. I stepped out of the water onto the blue sand. It wasn't like normal sand, it felt firm and when I picked it up it was like a cupcake, sort of crumbly but firm also. Where was I?
I need to talk to your agent, Miss ARB! what an amazing imagination and talent for detail!
ReplyDelete